On October 5, 2018, a network of groups and partners across the country will join together to promote the benefits of energy efficiency on the third annual nationwide Energy Efficiency Day campaign.
Check out these ideas for actions you can take during and leading up to #EEDay2018!
For Energy Efficiency Day 2018, we’re asking partners to:
1. Sign up as supporters. If you’re able to join on behalf of your organization or company, we’ll add your name to our growing list of official supporters.
2. Amplify pro-energy efficiency messaging on social media, in e-newsletters and blogs, and on your website. Check out the sample visuals and messages in our Social Media Toolkit, and consider providing links to your own online energy efficiency tips and resources. Please use hashtag #EEDay2018 for all your online posts!
4. Pitch local media with your own energy efficiency stories – we’ve seen growing interest from news outlets, including television:
– In 2017, Great Day Washington DC invited District of Columbia Sustainable Energy Utility to share ways to save on home energy bills.
– In Honolulu, KOHN2 interviewed Hawai’i Energy Executive Director Brian Kealoha.
– Four States aired a story by KSN-TV in Joplin, Missouri, featuring energy-saving tips and a regional program to help low-income residents save energy and money.
For more information about Energy Efficiency Day, contact: